Saturday, February 27, 2010

one day best

So yesterday I booked my highest one day win, earning just under 750. I finally ran relatively well, and my hands held up for once! Having the doomswitch lifted made playing so much fun... Yesterday I played a mix of 50NL and 100NL 12 tabling. I'm getting much more comfortable at making stats based reads, so I'm really tempted to add another monitor and take this seriously. Still, I'm only up a modest amount for the month due to the nasty variance i've been experiencing.

During yesterday's session I was especially proud of one particular hand where I flopped top set on a somewhat wet board and was able to stack a megadonk by checking back on the flop, and better the turn when he picked up a gutshot straight draw with an overcard and he tried a bluff raise. Typically, I would cbet about 2/3 of the pot on the flop, but I was able to realize a spot where villian most likely only had air, and would have folded to the cbet... it's spots like these where I feel like i'm able to take lines away from my typical bet when you can mentality to get value on later streets.

Poker is fun again...

Non-poker stuff is very busy right now... i'm buying a house and there's so many little (and big) things that need done. I will be happy when this whole process is over.

I'm really looking forward to the US Canada hockey game tomorrow. Being from Pittsburgh, it's hard to root against Sidney Crosby...

No comments:

Post a Comment