I had set forth a few goals for march... report card time:
1. Achieve platinum star- DONE! a 2.5 multiplier effectively increases my rakeback, but the real question is whether I can achieve supernova. If supernova is achievable, then it may be better to hoard all of my FPP points till then, but that won't come till november at the earliest I think.
2. Have a 2k month- FAILED! But I did come fairly close and had my best month ever.
3. Put in more volume- DONE! This month I put in 33,891 hands over 41 hours, which although not that heavy volume compared to the small stakes full ring pros it's my best ever by over 10,000 hands, so I'm proud of that.
I feel pretty comfortable with my game right now, and feel like I am making good decisions quickly.
There's been a lot of change in my life this month. We've closed on a new house, and I became a canadian this month! So that makes putting in this type of volume especially nice. Overall, I'm excited to be starting this new phase of my life. Like I mentioned before, there will be changes in my career which will hopefully give me a little more freedom...
OK, so what was the end result?
First, a graph for the month:
As you can see I had a nice upswing at the very end of the month to help me get back to my original peak after a 8 buy-in downswing.
Again I haven't figured out how to import my Player summary stats, so here's the manual form:
58 hands, -$124.35 won, -53.60BB/100
32,957 hands, $1,361.80 won, 2.07BB/100
I also played a small sample of 50NL, which yielded about $30 profit.
The end result:
$1,267.48 table winnings
+373.13 rakeback (9328.36 VPPs* 2.5FPP/VPP (as a platinum star)*1.6c/FPP)
+170 in stellar rewards ($10 for 3,000VPP, $10 for 4,000 VPP, $50 for 5,000 VPP, $50 for 10,000 VPP, and $50 for 15,000 VPP)
$ 1,810.61 profit
playing about 41 hours equates to about $44.16 hourly rate. Not too shabby!
So I almost made all of my goals. I didn't realize that I was that close to 2k in profit! I feel comfortable enough making my first withdrawl, as I hope to not deposit again unless there is a free money bonus.
Overall it was a fun month. So on to April...
1. play 45,000 hands. I would like to start 18-20 tabling this month, and I think that 45k hands will be easily attainable. Furthermore, I anticipate having some downtime in the next few weeks,which could give me an opportunity to get ahead of supernova pace.
2. play at least 3,000 hands of 200NL. I think if I table select well, I could hold my own at this level.
3. have a 5k month of profit. I really haven't considered how significant rakeback can be to the bottom line until now, so let's aim high!
4. achieve an hourly winrate of $65. I think to really consider doing this full time, considering that I would not have any benefits or vacation, an hourly rate of $100 would be needed. I hope to achieve this by the end of 2010... then at least a few more options would be available...
So i'll end with a fun hand from tonight's session. Villain was a decent tight aggressive regular. The button was a loose passive fish preflop who turned into an aggro monkey postflop. Once villian just called the button's cutoff, I knew he couldn't possibly be slowplaying KK or AA. So I knew either I was dominating JJ, or was flipping with AK when he shoved... Thank God for sets!
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com
saw flop | saw showdown
whiterice197 (CO) ($104.15)
Preflop: whiterice197 is CO with Q, Q
1 fold, UTG+1 bets $2.50, 3 folds, whiterice197 calls $2.50, Button raises to $6, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $3.50, whiterice197 raises to $22, 1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $100 (All-In), whiterice197 calls $78
Flop: ($207.50) 6, K, 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)
Turn: ($207.50) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)
River: ($207.50) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)
Total pot: $207.50 | Rake: $3
UTG+1 had K, A (two pair, Kings and sixes).
whiterice197 had Q, Q (full house, Queens over sixes).
Outcome: whiterice197 won $204.50